The asphalt paving industry of today is incredibly innovative in meeting the needs of a cleaner and greener tomorrow
Asphalt: The #1 Recycled Material In The Country
Some advantages of choosing asphalt over other surfaces include:
- Asphalt pavement construction costs less than concrete.
- Asphalt pavements can handle the toughest traffic.
- Asphalt pavements provide a smooth, durable service for decades, if properly maintained. Asphalt requires little maintenance.
- Asphalt absorbs heat, which melts snow and ice faster.
- Asphalt is a flexible material and moves with the weather changes.
- Asphalt can be sealed for a new appearance or sealed and striped for traffic pattern changes.
- Asphalt can be recycled, saving money and the environment.
- Asphalt gives a smooth surface for motorists to enjoy.
- Asphalt pavements save vehicle operating costs, fuel, and time on the road.
- Asphalt producing and paving has become Eco-Friendly for a better tomorrow:Environmentally-friendly, sustainable commercial and industrial business practices are essential in modern America. We know this because we see the importance of this ourselves at Metzger Construction. The asphalt paving industry of today is not the asphalt paving industry of yesterday. Production has gotten much cleaner. In fact, since 1970, the asphalt industry has decreased its total emissions by 97%, while increasing production by a whopping 250%! Thanks to broad adoption of sustainable construction practices by the asphalt pavement industry, many asphalt roads are getting greener by conserving natural resources. When you think of heavily recycled materials, you probably think instantly of aluminum cans, plastics, and paper. Did you know though that asphalt pavement is actually the #1 most recycled product in the U.S. according to the EPA and Federal Highway Administration? Asphalt pavement is indeed an eco-friendly, sustainable paving solution.