Some advantages of choosing asphalt over other surfaces include:
- Asphalt pavement construction costs less than concrete.
- Asphalt pavements can handle the toughest traffic.
- Asphalt pavements provide a smooth, durable service for decades, if properly maintained. Asphalt requires little maintenance.
- Asphalt absorbs heat, which melts snow and ice faster.
- Asphalt is a flexible material and moves with the weather changes.
- Asphalt can be sealed for a new appearance or sealed and striped for traffic pattern changes.
- Asphalt can be recycled, saving money and the environment.
- Asphalt gives a smooth surface for motorists to enjoy.
- Asphalt pavements save vehicle operating costs, fuel, and time on the road.