Asphalt Plant Assistant
$15 / hour
Metzger Construction is looking for an HMA Asphalt Plant Assistant to join our team.
Person is responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the HMA drum mix plant. Individual will report to the Plant Manager to facilitate the safe and efficient operation of the HMA operation on a daily basis. Individual will operate equipment, perform repair and maintenance duties, and general labor tasks that include shoveling and cleaning.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Assist the plant manager/operator with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant and yard.
• Maintain and operate front end loaders, skid steers, fork trucks and other mobile equipment.
• Access all areas of the plant (stairs and ladders) to perform necessary maintenance and repairs.
• Learn/operate crusher.
• Access baghouse to inspect and change bags
• Perform other maintenance related duties on-site as required by supervisors.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
• Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all employees.
• Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must maintain a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
• Health Insurance available after 30 days employment
• IRA match of up to 3% after 30 days employment